Once upon a time, I was living in London, had a fun job in the city, loads of wonderful friends and a hectic and crazy lifestyle. One day, I decided to drop all that and come to HEC in Montreal (Canada) to spend a year to study a MBA. What happened next? Read on....

Thursday, August 05, 2004

The MBA best friend


Yeah, I can finally publish picture on this blog. So there it goes, first pic is your best friend you will have as a mba student.It's sad to say but you can break your leg, can lose your dog, your house can be on fire...these things are unimportant but if your laptop get broken and like me you've never done any backup because you believe in your good faith or you're too lazy to archives stuff then you will be in serious trouble!!!
And like every MBA's in the world, your school will kindly advise you to buy this ugly and heavy IBM for the same price as an equally performant but much nicer and lighter other brand of laptop. One advice for the new MBA students, don't order the IBM from abroad before you arrive like HEC advise its students but instead, wait and shop around and buy something nicer and lighter. I still can't believe I have been fooled and spend somthing like 3000$ on that thing.Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice. But I unfortunately already ordered mine:(

6 August 2004 at 03:09

 
Blogger whatever said...

Oh I think they are very flexible at the COOP (HEC computer shop), when you arrive just ask if you can look at other models in their shop. They are selling many brands and they may let you pick another one if you have a good argument like: 'I didn't know I could choose something else' or whatever. They will still sell you something anyway and they have very good discounted price in their shop so it is a good thing to buy your IT stuff there.

6 August 2004 at 05:44

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It happens to be that IBM are the best computers out there :), having the best consumer reviews. Also, best support.

1 November 2004 at 14:15

 
Blogger Elzu said...

It is real that computer is best friend for an MBA student. I really feel because I am also doing my MBA from SMU. The education is really inseparable.

Thanks

21 January 2009 at 23:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home