Once upon a time, I was living in London, had a fun job in the city, loads of wonderful friends and a hectic and crazy lifestyle. One day, I decided to drop all that and come to HEC in Montreal (Canada) to spend a year to study a MBA. What happened next? Read on....

Monday, November 03, 2003

Macro-economics teacher doesn't know about 'Europe'...

We had our mid- term test in Macro-Economics today. Grr...
Then we had our usual lesson. I thought the teacher knew his stuff but it sounds like he knows only Canada and the rest of the world which is FOR HIM...USA. All the examples in the course are given regarding Canada's situation and THE foreign country: US! At one point, my French colleague asked him if he could illustrate one of his theory in regards to Europe. The teacher said textually: 'Well, I'm not sure... I haven't follow the situation since the European countries have been united... Well, before the European Union, i know that Germany blablabla....'.
Gosh, I couldn't believe this guy! It's been more than 10 years now that Europe is united... Does he never read The Economist or watch CNN or whatever international newspaper to know what the situation is like in Europe....? Since Macroeconomics is the analysis of a country's economy as a whole, I thought that he would at least have the curiosity of lurking into Europe or whichever country to know how things are organized there. Nope, Canada, US...That's it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home